If you want to launch an online arrest warrant search in Ransom County, ND, be prepared to approach a third party firm. You will find that most criminal justice establishments will not discuss active warrants or data related to arrests on the phone. Presently, no state agency offers this provision.
The only way to get a state agency to handle your inquiry on arrest warrants from Ransom County would be to visit their office in person or write to them. Although these options are undoubtedly cumbersome, you get a formal background report in response to the investigation. Even faxed in warrant searches will not be entertained.
Instead, a private firm can offer arrest records and information on outstanding warrants from every part of the country. So, in terms of the information offered, third party establishments sure fare better than state agencies that will only provide details on arrests and active warrants from Ransom County.
Another plus is that the inquiry will yield immediate results as applicants are given access to the third party databases maintained by the private firms. However, the warrant search results will have no legal standing as you will not get a background report, let alone one notarized like that offered by state agencies. To contact a private firm, you can fill out the form above, and for a government office, you can go to the following:
- Law enforcement agency: PO Box 627, 204 5th Ave W, Lisbon, North Dakota 58054
- The county magistrate: 204 5th Ave W, Lisbon, ND 58054
- The clerk of court: PO Box 666, Lisbon, North Dakota 58054
Can the Ransom County warrant list and arrest records be accessed over the phone? (Current as of 2023)
- To inquire about recent arrests, call the Ransom County Sheriff’s Office at 701-683-5255. If you have any questions about law enforcement or need to make a report in Ransom County, ND, you can contact the Ransom County Sheriff’s office for assistance.
- To request arrest records and warrant information from Lisbon PD, call the agency at 701-683-4141.
- To get victim/witness assistance, call the Ransom State Attorney’s Office- at 701-683-4123.
- To request a case search, call the Clerk of Court-701-683-6120.
Crime statistics of Ransom County
In 2019, the Sheriff’s Department of Ransom County dealt with about 29 criminal complaints. Property offenses accounted for 26 of these complaints. There were nine larceny-theft cases, 11 burglary cases, and six vehicle theft cases in this category. The violent crime category included two instances of assault.
Older crime statistics
Ransom County, North Dakota, has one of the lowest annual crime averages in the state at just about 25 cases. To a large extent, this can be attributed to the reduction of nearly 75% seen in the rate of overall crime. However, this positive development is threatened by the growth of 40% plus seen in violent crime rates.
- The clerk of court: https://www.co.ransom.nd.us/departments/clerk-of-district-court/
- Ransom County Sheriff’s Office: https://www.co.ransom.nd.us/sheriff/
- Lisbon Police Department: https://www.co.ransom.nd.us/departments/police-department/
- Ransom State Attorney’s Office: https://www.co.ransom.nd.us/departments/states-attorney/
Q: How can I determine if I have an outstanding warrant in Ransom County, ND?
A: Start by contacting the Ransom County Sheriff’s Office or the Ransom County Clerk of Court’s Office. They can provide information on any active warrants issued in the county.
Q: Can I request a copy of my arrest records from the Ransom County Sheriff’s Office?
A: Yes, you can request a copy of your arrest records from the Ransom County Sheriff’s Office. You must fill out a records request form and provide identification to receive the records.
Q: How can I expunge my criminal records in Ransom County, ND?
A: To expunge your criminal records in Ransom County, ND, you must petition the court. You can contact the Ransom County Clerk of Court’s Office for more information on the expungement process.
Q: Can I find out about civil cases in Ransom County, ND, through arrest records search?
A: No, an arrest records search only provides information on criminal cases. If you want to find out about civil cases in Ransom County, ND, you will need to contact the Ransom County Clerk of Court’s Office.
Q: Can I visit someone incarcerated at the Ransom County jail?
A: You can visit someone incarcerated at the Ransom County jail. You will need to follow the jail’s visitation policies and procedures, which can be found on the official Ransom County website.