Several resources are available if you’re looking for information on active warrants in Burleigh County or Bismarck, ND. Here’s a list of key details and resources to help you find the information you need:
- The Burleigh County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for maintaining public safety and enforcing the law throughout the county, including processing and maintaining warrant information.
- You can contact the Burleigh County Sheriff’s Office for information on active warrants or conduct a Burleigh County warrant list search online. The Sheriff’s Office also maintains a searchable database of active warrants issued in the county, which can be accessed on its website.
- If you want information on Bismarck ND warrants, you can contact the Bismarck Police Department or conduct a Bismarck ND warrant list search online.
- The North Dakota Attorney General’s website provides a comprehensive database of active warrants issued throughout the state, including in Burleigh County and Bismarck. You can search for specific individuals or view the most recent warrant list.
- It’s important to remember that warrants and arrest records are confidential and may not be accessible to the public in all cases. Additionally, if you want to expunge your record, you must contact the Burleigh County Clerk of Court for information.
- For more information on the Burleigh County warrant list and Bismarck ND warrant list searches, contact the Burleigh County Sheriff’s Office or Bismarck Police Department directly, or visit their respective websites for additional details.
The sheriff’s office is the first choice for many people who go in for arrest warrant searches in Burleigh County, ND. However, this is far from being the only option available for applicants, although the police can provide pertinent details on all criminal cases handled by them.
The department of the sheriff deals with all criminal occurrences reported within their jurisdiction. Either arrest are made immediately after the commissioning of the criminal act or in conformance with active warrants that are issued by local judicial agencies.
Typically, arrest warrants from Burleigh County will be released by the court of the magistrate. However, the district level tribunal could also step in and issue the order if a grand jury indictment is held to verify the case facts. The only difference between this process and a preliminary warrant hearing is that in the former, it is the grand jury that decides if the police have enough evidence to incriminate the accused, while in the latter, it is the magistrate who takes the call.
The police play a role in both cases, bringing crucial proof in front of the judiciary. Also, the office of the county clerk gets involved in the hearings so that the court dockets can be logged. Hence, an investigation that pertains to Burleigh County arrest records and outstanding warrants can be taken to any one of these agencies. They work out of:
- The Police: PO Box 1416, Bismarck, North Dakota 58502
- The court: 514 E Thayer Ave, Bismarck, ND 58501
- The clerk of court: 221 North 5th Street, Bismark, North Dakota 58502
Can you get details about Burleigh County’s recent arrests and active warrants over the phone? (2023-data)
- If you want to find out about arrests, call the Burleigh County Jail at 701-255-3113
- If you want arrest records or an accident report, call the local police at 701-222-6651.
- If you want to do a warrant search or criminal case search, call 701-222-6690.
- If you want information on the victim’s assistance, call 701-222-6672.
Crime statistics of Burleigh County
The Burleigh Sheriff’s Office received 109 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to 191 criminal instances in 2018. There were 97 property offenses and 12 violent crimes among them.
Around 60 larceny thefts, 23 burglaries, and 14 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Nearly 7 aggravated assaults and 5 rapes were included in the violent crimes category.
Older crime statistics
About 1800 crimes get reported in Burleigh County, North Dakota, annually. Of these cases, about 9% are lodged in matters that are of a violent nature. Another figure that demands consideration is the 80% plus rise seen in the rate of violent crimes over the last couple of years.
Q: How can I access court records in Burleigh County?
A: To access court records in Burleigh County, you can contact the county clerk of court. They will be able to provide you with information on how to obtain copies of court documents or to inquire about specific cases.
Q: Can I access arrest records and warrant information for Burleigh County?
A: Yes, you can access arrest records and warrant information for Burleigh County by contacting the county sheriff’s office. They will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information on active warrants and arrest records.
Q: How can I expunge my criminal record in Burleigh County?
A: To expunge your criminal record in Burleigh County, you will need to contact the county clerk of court for information on the process. They will be able to provide you with details on what steps you need to take and what forms you need to file.
Q: Can I search for specific individuals in the Burleigh County warrants and arrest records database?
A: Yes, you can search for specific individuals in the Burleigh County warrants and arrest records database by contacting the county sheriff’s office or conducting a search on their website.
Q: Are arrest records and warrant information in Burleigh County confidential?
A: In most cases, arrest records and warrant information in Burleigh County are not confidential and can be accessed by the public. However, there may be certain restrictions or limitations on access to this information based on the circumstances of the case. For more information, contact the county sheriff’s office or clerk of court.